Monday, September 1, 2008
I feel so bad that I haven't posted recently... I so appreciate all of the nice thoughts everyone has sent our way, and hopefully one day I'll have some free time to blog a bit. Maybe. One day. (smile)
* Husband and I both started new jobs two weeks ago
* Hired a Nanny
* Baby got circumcised last Monday
* We went to court for 1st custody hearing last Tuesday - Daughter & "boyfriend" were no shows, hearing rescheduled
* New Nanny was a no-show last Wednesday
* Baby got to help me fix computers last Wednesday, cause I had taken Monday off and Tuesday morning off already... fortunately I work from home!
* Set a new standard for ad-hoc chaos last Wednesday. Fired Nanny.
* Baby turned 5 weeks old last Thursday - 5 weeks old! My, how time flies...
* We All Survived the rest of the week... Amazing Husband (and he has to drive in rush hour traffic every day for his new position at a fast paced law firm!) and adult children working together - Amazing family I have here... that the baby has here. ('Cept one key adult child was missing - haven't talked to her in over a week - she hasn't seen baby in 4 weeks. Sigh.)
We Spent the weekend interviewing new nannies & preparing for Louisiana relatives - The relatives arrived yesterday, 4 adults and 2 dogs. New nanny arrived today - she will be living in... We like her a LOT (and, she can make towel animals!)
Ok - I think I touched on the main points... lots of tiny details that either almost sunk us or lifted us up these past few weeks - Sooo much to be thankful for tonight as I get ready to collapse in preparation for another day of organized chaos and lots of love and laughter and worries... The babe is healthy and happy and so are we ... we are truly blessed in so many many ways. Sense of humor and appreciation of fine ironies firmly in place.
Posted by Athena at 10:07 PM