Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hire me - it's ok :-)

As I have been sending out my resume and applying for a new job, it suddenly occurred to me that a prospective employer might search social media and etc... And end up here on my blog.

If so, I hope that they can see that my real life experiences that I write about here lend additional skills that add value:

Honesty
Integrity
Flexibility
Empathy
Leadership
Compassion
Persistence
Conflict management

So please, do not let the title of my blog scare you off - in fact, it could lead to an interesting interview!

Regards,

Athena

PS - my daughter and grandchildren are doing well!


3 comments:

Robin said...

Athena,

Just found your blog; you are an inspiration to so many.

I have a beautiful 21 yr old heroine addict and can relate to everyone's blog.

On a positive note, good luck with the job hunting!
Your honesty in your story speaks volumes to the person you are.

Best of luck.

Athena said...

Thank you for the kind words, Robin - I needed that! Good luck on your journey with your daughter ~ Hugs

William Appiah said...

Hi Athena,

I also just found your blog. I really enjoy your writing and your updates on your daughter and grandchildren. I want to commend you. You're a very strong woman and I pray for continued strength as you watch over your family and help your daughter with sobriety. One step at a time, one day at a time! :)