Monday, December 14, 2009

I call her an Angel

Sometimes someone else says it all so well - Here it is -

What a Junkie Mom Misses

Thanks and Bless you, Fractal Mom, for the difference you make in your granddaughters' lives


Additional Lyrics by Janis Ian that move me:

For Dawn:

When Angels Cry
(Janis Ian)

Wait Your tired arms must rest
Let this moment pass
Wait until the morning
Close your eyes and you will see
who you used to be
left without a warning
Who knew one so big could grow so small
Lighter than the writing on the wall

When angels cry, can I stand by
When stones weep, can my heart sleep
Wish I'd never heard, wish I'd never heard
Wish I'd never heard
the power of a four letter word

'Cause only love will matter in the end
for a woman or a man
What's the difference now
Here we live with bottles
and needles and truth
Here is your living proof
that death cannot be proud
Some say it's a judgement on us all
I can't believe that God could be that small

When angels cry, can I stand by
When stones weep, can my heart sleep
Wish I'd never heard, wish I'd never heard
Wish I'd never heard
the power of a four letter word
If ever was a rose that longed to bloom
If ever was a heart that longed to fly
If ever was an angel, it was you
So close your eyes and say goodbye
Goodbye

When angels cry, I can't stand by
When stones weep, I can't sleep
Guess I've finally learned
Guess I've finally learned
Yes, I've finally learned
that love is just a four letter word
Hope is just a four letter word

5 comments:

The neverending battle of child's opiate addiction said...

Wow, between this post and Fractalmom's it is just a cry fest for me over here. Bless you both as you are a great source of inspriation to me.

Anonymous :) said...

A child placed in the arms of loving people willing to step in and invest countless hours is truly blessed.

Syd said...

Thanks for sharing this. I hope all the little angels have someone to care about them.

njames said...

As much as I like that song, and as often as we've heard it, I still disagree with the ending. Love is not just another 4 letter word, nor is hope. It may seem that way sometimes, but it's not true.

ILYMBAD
YN

Athena said...

Artistic license maybe, Angel... I always interpreted it as the singer struggling with something painful and wondering if the uncertain outcome is worth the fight; "4 letter word" is of course a phrase for bad words and hurtful things...

To me, the song ends with a reminder that two of the most beautiful, and more powerful, "words" also have 4 letters ... and will see us through.

It has always reminded me of 1 Corinthians 13:1-13

ILY2MBAN,

YD